Privacy, Affiliate, and Commenting Statement
This website is run by me (Nora Phoenix) and if you visit this site, you automatically agree with the collection and use of your data. This website uses log data (IP address, amongst others) to track and collect data. The information may be used by me for marketing purposes (including on third party websites, like Facebook) but won’t be used by anyone else. I never, ever provide your personal data to third parties other than for my own marketing purposes, unless required by law. Your log data will be kept for five years.
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
This site has outbound links to other website, like Amazon, Obviously, I’m not responsible for what they show you or do with your data. As soon as you leave my site, my responsibility ends.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Nora Phoenix, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at nora(at)hashtagiwrotethis(dot)com.
I use Amazon affiliate links for stuff, mostly for books I recommend. That means you don’t pay anything extra, but I can make one or two cents per item you buy.
I may also use other affiliate links…I can’t think of any right now, but I’ll mention it if I use them.
I love comments, but let’s stick to the one rule that rules them all, the ultimate Golden Rule: Don’t be dick. If you insist on being a dick, I’ll kick you off the site. Don’t make me do it, because I don’t like confrontations, and I’ll probably cry or some shit.
- I do not share your personal data with anyone else
- I may, however, use your data for marketing purposes, but only for myself
- You can elect to have your data removed at any time
- I use affiliate codes
- Don’t be a dick
“Stick to the one rule that rules them all, the ultimate Golden Rule: Don’t be dick.”